I’m creating a wishlist just because I never made one before and holidays are nearing. I’ve been a good girl this year so yeah, um Santa??
(1) A real drawing table. I have a pretty small table which works fine but it’s really small. I can’t put much on it and when drawing, my one arm dangles underneath because putting both arms on the table actually covers the light. Speaking of light…
(2) I want brighter lights, preferably a light stand because I want to use it for reading too. I know pictures come out nicer when taken near windows (natural light blah blah) but our house is boarded up (it’s a dangerous world you know) so everything is really dim.
(3) Arches watercolor pad. The Canson Montval watercolor paper is really superb and I use it mainly for commission (it’s expensive). The cheaper Canson (the one with an air balloon cover), however, doesn’t hold up a lot of water so I refrain from doing wet on wet technique when I am using that. I’ve seen Arches in Fully Booked, but the hefty price tag (2k~) made me think twice if my illustrations are worth putting on such paper.
(4) A nice brush set. I haven’t changed my brush set ever since I started watercolor painting seriously. The bristles now look like my hair when I just woke up and the body is chipping away. I like round brushes because of their versatility. I badly need smaller ones ranging from 1-3.
(5) Cotman watercolors. I know I know, it’s greedy to want more watercolors than you can use. I still have Prang (black and brown colors are almost gone!) and my Derwent looks brand new. Still, the quality of Cotman watercolors are said to be exceptional so I put it on my wishlist.